Sunday, October 13, 2013

Crack.....I mean Roasted Green Beans

Why are you rereading this particular post?  See below

a. Because I've had a very busy week 
b. Because for the past two weeks I have been fortunate enough to get green beans in my CSA delivery
c. Because they are just so, so, very good
d. all of the above

Lets go with D and call it a day!  I hope you have a wonderful week and happy eating!!!


So you make some marinara or a lasagna or some sloppy joes and you find your self with an open half empty can of tomato paste.  Instead of putting it in the fridge only to be discovered weeks later covered with a grey green mossy layer, not that I’ve ever had that experience, PlannedOver and use it to make Roasted Green Beans with Tomato and Goat Cheese


Unlike the crack dealer who will give you a free sample to get you hooked, I’m telling you in advance these things are good.   I hereby issue a full disclosure that I, am almost certainly, full fledged addicted to these beans.  I could eat them daily, probably more than one time a day to boot.  Unfortunately for me, the other two members of my household feel quite fondly of them as well.


My love of roasted vegetables began in 2004 and if it can be chopped and put on a sheet pan, I have more than likely roasted it.  Green Beans came to me via a Cooks Illustrated promotional magazine.  I never got the subscription but I certainally have gotten a LOT of use out of this recipe. A Brief Google search located  The Cookbook Critic which has the original recipe from Cooks.  That particular issue also had a variation to include sun dried tomatoes, goat cheese, and Olives.  One winter evening I was stark raving craving green beans and tomatoes.  I really don’t have any clue as to why, but this little stunner was born that night and has been enjoyed countless times since!


Tomato Paste
Garlic Oil
Goat Cheese
Salt


Mix above ingredients in a mixing bowl, then toss trimmed beans with the tomatoey goodness.


Bake in a 400 oven for 30-40 minutes taking out to stir about half way through cooking.


Eat.  Enjoy. Repeat.

Do you see the little black charrie parts?  That is proof of goodness in this world, and there is really nothing else I can add to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment