Sunday, September 8, 2013

Hail Ceasar

After last weeks pepper poppers I purposefully pondered plannedovers.  And used my plannedover anchovies to make one of my very all time favorite salads EVER, the Grilled Ceasar.  I debuted* this salad when we opened SeaBlue nine years ago.  And while the menu has gone through several changes, both seasonally and concept wise, this trusty tasty staple remains.  I LOVE this salad and if I have been out of town for any stretch of time it is one of the top three things that I must have in my first few days upon return.  My darling husband usually does the grilling and we have it down to a pretty exact science of a total of 6 minutes of grilling time.  He prefers his served whole, drizzled with dressing and topped with a thinly sliced avocado. And eats it fork and knife style.  I, being me, like mine chopped and I add thinly sliced mushrooms and toss it all together.   I can not even begin to convey the absolute deliciousness of dressing, creamy avocado, and charred romaine, I am beginning to drool as I type.  Have I mentioned it’s good?  Scratch that, it’s divine!


Romaine - I like to use the hearts
Anchovies
Lemon Juice
Coleman’s Mustard
EVOO
Garlic
Nonstick cooking spray
Avocados
Grated Parmesan Cheese


Put Anchovies through garlic into a pyrex and use an immersion blender slowly adding oil until dressing binds. Cut Romaine in half lengthwise and spray cut side and sprinkle with salt.  Place on heated grill 3 minutes per side.  Top with sliced avocado, freshly ground black pepper and a liberal sprinkling of Parm.



Enjoy!


Happy Eating

*IF anyone ACTUALLY knows how to spell this word WITHOUT spell check - I just want you to know one thing.......YOU AMAZE ME!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment