Sunday, December 8, 2013

I love love love roasting vegetables.  Pretty much any and all and for the seven followers of this blog- my mom is sooo proud and one of them- you know this about me.  I love the way the tantalizing aroma fills the house before dinner.  I love the textural change that occurs.  And I especially love the caramelization of the natural sugars in the veggies into something more than they were to begin with.  My obsession is real and has been going on for close to10 years.  It all started innocently enough as I sat trolling the internet looking for recipes.  I came across one for Roasted Cauliflower that stated no matter how much of this you made, you would not have any leftovers.  I was intrigued.  I read many, many reviews and by the time I upped and headed for home I knew I was going to be making some roasted cauliflower that evening.  And I did.  And it was amazing.  And I have been roasting it up ever sense. 

My method is simple and IMHO (not that I really have one) THE BEST!  Separate a head of cauliflower and cut florets to maximize the amount of flat surface.  It is the flat surface on the pan that creates the beautiful golden  and you want to maximize the amount of flat cauli touching pan.  Trust me.  Spray it all down with Pam or toss with olive oil and a touch of salt, 425 oven 30 minutes.  Deliciousness. 

So this weeks plannedover starts with some amazingly delicious roasted veggies, a hungry husband, and not a lot of time and what do you get?  This amazing omelet.




Happy Eating!  Enjoy 

No comments:

Post a Comment