Sunday, January 5, 2014

Mashed Potatoes become Gnocchi Part Deux

Happiest New Year to you!!! I can not hardly believe it is 2014.  I hope your holidays were all you wanted and that this glorious year has gotten off to a smashing start!  I hope your resolutions included incorporating plannedovers and delicious food in the New Year!  On to Gnocchi!

So if you have frozen gnocchi - bring a pot of salted water to a boil - drop gnocchi and cook - it is ready when it floats to the surface


I scoop from the water an put in a bowl with a little olive oil until I am ready to use.

Next step is where the magic happens.  I personally find the texture of boiled gnocchi to be a bit redundant lacking any yin to the yang - it's all just the same.  However that same so so gnocchi plus a little butter and some time in a pan-you get the good stuff.  Crunchy outside and creamy pillowy inside in which the two textural components create an end product that is infinitely better than individually. 

In the beginning



Golden Nuggets of Goodness


Like all of the photos?  Let me tell y'all how much flour I got on my phone taking these!  Enjoy!! Happy Eating and Happy New Year!!

1 comment:

  1. I can attest to the "greatness" of these gnocchi after being sautéed with butter until golden brown. Come to think about it, there is nothing that is not made better with butter, is there?

    ReplyDelete