Sunday, May 11, 2014

Bob's Red Mill

I am interested in and somewhat fascinated by nutrition.  Some might view my, ahem, hobby, as a bit of an obsession, but I say live and let live - and leave me alone.  So a year or so back I decided to try the gluten free lifestyle and have been gluten free - for the most part without much struggle.  I have however gotten very bored with certain foods.  Like quinoa.  Now don't get me wrong I LOVE quinoa - but I was ready for a change, a new adventure in the world of food.  I decided to hit up Bay Naturals to peruse the aisles and pick the brain of their ever helpful staff.  In the world of online shopping and our dependence on other people's reviews, it's really nice to go someplace local where you can find like minded people.  And this is where I find people who think like me, nutritionally speaking.  And it's ok if you find your people at TACO Bell, or Ruth's Chris, or Krispy Kreme.  I am not here to judge.  But it is my blog and I'm sharing my story and Bay Naturals is a part of that.  Just FYI - my people can also be found enjoying adult libations - and often are.

So while I looked and asked I came across Bob's Red Mill wheatless 8 grain hot cereal and I had to give it a whirl.

 I bought it home and the husband was game so I made a very small batch to accompany our dinner.  It WAS delish.  There were no makings of a planned over in this case because sadly,  it was all very gone.  I went the savory route and used stock in leiu of water - I think you could add whatever veggies or cheese and of COURSE a wad of butter.  I don't have much of a sweet tooth - but I'm sure this would be equally delicious topped with honey or maple syrup, or maybe just mix in some fruit.  So give it a try and go on your very own eating adventure!!



Enjoy!! Happy Eating!!

No comments:

Post a Comment