Sunday, May 18, 2014

Gluten Hates me is a fantastic Blog written by Marlow about her now 7 year journey with Celiac Disease.  She always posts interesting tidbits including innovative recipes, new gluten free products and the like. And MANY of her recipes are created in an attempt to replace or replicate something she finds missing in her life now that gluten is no longer a part of it.  Like pizza, or Phillie Cheese Steaks. Marlow uses a gluten free hot dog bun to replicate one of her favorite sandwiches and she makes an inventive Potato Crust to build her pizza upon!   However lots of her recipes are simply using gluten free products in more traditional recipes. Such as the case of Cheesy Cabot Quinoa Bites

I came across this little gem one day and decided to substitute my plannedover 8 grain wheatless hot cereal for the quoina.  And they were delicious.  I used two types of cheddar cheese and added some chopped steamed broccoli and chopped onions.

Mixed throughly and put in mini muffin pan

 Marlow's recipe calls for a mere 15 minutes in the oven, that did not work for me.  Probably because I look at recipes as mere suggestions on how to accomplish your goal.  My bites spend 30 minutes in the oven and were fabulous!!

Bite sized and cheesy - Don't really need anything more than that!!

Enjoy!!

Happy Eating!


No comments:

Post a Comment