Sunday, March 23, 2014

Cheesy Broccoli Rice Plannedover Part 1

And thus continues the never ending saga of broccoli around my parts.  I hope you too have as much as an affinity for the tree top cruciferous vegetables as I certainly seem to.   Who can guess if I had to google how to spell THAT word? 

Lots of broccoli called for more creativity and I was on it, sorry could not help myself, like white on rice.  So the planned over rice was stripped of its top cheesy layer, and tossed in a bowl with some bread crumbs until it "held"  I took the cheese and sandwiched it between two rice patties carefully sealing the edges as to not allow any cheese to escape.  Cheese oozing out of the rice cakes in the pan, bad.  Cheese oozing out of the rice cakes on your plate, very, very good!

Into a pan with a squirt of EVOO and just a little time to turn blah boring beige into delightfully golden brown. 




Delish!  Enjoy and Happy Eating!!

Stay tuned for just what in the world this crazy woman is up to with the never-ending broccoli plannedover next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment