Sunday, March 2, 2014

The Reincarnation of the Roast of PlannedOver Future

A not so Long long time ago (humming when the music dies) I wrote a post about the Roast of PlannedOver Future - and while we did enjoy the roast first go around, knowing that I have something cooked and in the freezer and ready to incorporate into a fabulous dinner - gives me immense satisfaction.  What can I say??? I'm a planner!  I do and have realized after talking with friends and meeting new people that not everyone shares my affliction for needing to plan.  Some are in fact, quite happy to have no clue what they will be eating for dinner that night, even if it is RAPIDLY approaching dinner time.  I have not found myself to have that capacity, it sounds nice - if only on paper.

So after we enjoyed the roast I subdivided into two portions and vaccusealed and labeled the plannedovers and into the freezer to await their rebirth into a hectic work day meal.   On this particular occasion I knew it would be a late night for me so I needed something simple for my darling husband to simply heat and eat.  That coupled with the cold temperatures of late led me to make something warmy and comforty and I decided on a stuffed spud.  To keep it as simple as possible I shredded the meat and added it to a homemade bechamel style cheese sauce, using up the last bits of several bags of shredded cheese including mexican and Cheddar.  Ready to simply heat and pour over baked potatoes.  Add a simple salad and some steamed broccoli and dinner is DONE!!

Shredded Meat in Cheese Sauce



Happy Eating!!! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment