Sunday, March 16, 2014


Part Two of my broccoli overloaded surplus.

So now I have a mess of Broccoli soup to contend with and while a stint in the freezer is always a great option  - who doesn't love to have something at the ready to pull out at a moments notice?  The recent ice storms here - yes ICE STORMS - in the sunny south - have altered my viewpoint of the merits of a too too full freezer.  So I had to come up with a plan b.  I remembered my mom's mom Anna and the broccoli casserole she would make only just for me upon my summer visits.  Although I am sure it was chock full of Cream of something soup - I LOVED that she made it for me and I really did not like to share.

Fond memories present I found in addition to my broccoli soup some cooked rice and violia Cheesy Broccoli Rice casserole was born.  Have you ever noticed that if you prepose pretty much anything with the word Cheesy it becomes appetizing?  Try it - you'll see. Rice Casserole.  Cheesy rice casserole.  Enchiladas or Cheesy Enchiladas.  Broccoli or Cheesy Broccoli.  I rest my case.





I mixed broccoli soup with cooked rice, topped it off with some shredded cheddar.  Bake in a 350 oven 35-40 minutes until heated through and it's reached it's perfect level of cheesy!

Enjoy! Happy Eating!

And now......what to do with PlannedOver Cheesy Broccoli Rice part I

No comments:

Post a Comment